Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's a Good Ass Day

In tribute to the young man that was laid to rest today, I would like to remind everyone that life is entirely too short.  It was almost a year ago that I lost my mother.  She hadn't been sick.  I had no time to prepare and talk with her.  It was just a freak ass accident that left me making this shit up as I go along.

Today, I watched them close the casket on a 21-year-old young man whose only crime was to ride a car with his girlfriend when she was sleepy.

Wow.

How would you begin to expect something like this? So how do you close out something so shocking that no one in the room wants to see?  You roll his airtight casket out with the hood classic, It's a Good Ass Day, as the processional soundtrack.  After all, it was he would have wanted it that way.

Funny thing was when it came on and the doors to the outside where opened, it did feel like a good ass day.  Despite all of the hurt of the previous year and the pain of facing this one, it will be okay.




No comments: