Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Technology is wonderful, when it works

Me: Hi, I'm BMJ and I have a problem.
Them: Hi, BMJ.
Me: I've be obsessed with technology for years now and it isn't getting any better...

I am the techno junkie you hate to see coming.  50 million gadgets in tow.  I was told they would make my life simpler.  Not quite sure how that is since I spend the majority of the time on the phone begging some company or another to fix their merchandise.  LOL  My latest obsession was the phone of my dreams.

I had to have the HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon.  I was told this thing would cure leprosy, so I bought in.  I needed the fast 4G speed and the great cell phone coverage.  Coverage that could be relied upon when T-Mobile's mytouch 4G had left me high and dry.  And what happened?  It quit on me.  I can't get 4G coverage to save my life at home.  And I thought foolishly that I could disconnect my DSL and rely solely on the mobile hot spot on my phone.  Foolish young grasshopper...  When I comb the internet, the reviews are telling me it is the phone to blame.  So I call.

I call not once, but what feels like infinite times to get it resolved.  How does my phone repay me, you ask? After hanging up with a rep yesterday, I simply shut itself off.  Hmmmmm...  So now they are shipping me my third phone since October.  Let's see how this one goes.  I'm just waiting till the day when they can just implant the cell chip in your brain and you can surf the net on the screen implanted in your arm.  Till then I guess...

No comments: